IFRS 17, the new international accounting standard for insurance contracts, will bring a major change to the insurance industry. In the coming years, all insurance companies need to get completely ready for reporting in this new standard. To ensure a timely implementation, a multi-departmental program has been initiated throughout the whole of NN Group. IFRS17 is having a big transformative impact on our finance department, systems, processes, and the way we present our financials.
3 reasons why?
• You will master IFRS 17, play a key role in the project by co-creating the new financial processes within our company, and become a finance professional ready for a future in the insurance industry.
• You will work in international environment, receive an excellent training, communicate in English every day and grow your professional skills fast.
• You will become part of a very solid and reputable company.
What will I do?
As an IFRS 17 specialist you will help translate the requirements of the new standard – typically interpreted by our experts in the Netherlands and in Prague - into the new way how we report on financial position (balance sheet) and results (profit & loss account). Whether you are a business analyst, accountant or reporting specialist, with extensive work experience or just fresh graduate, this could be an opportunity just for you.
• Study, understand and interpret the existing IFRS17 related know-how and material available in group and local environment
• Work closely with the financial reporting, accounting, actuarial and IT colleagues, to develop our reporting approach in line with business and standard requirements
• Communicate with the central expert teams in the Netherlands to evaluate impact of development in the central accounting & reporting solution on our local approach
• Help design, plan and implement the standardization of the restatements between local Czech accounting standard, current IFRS 4 and new IFRS 17, for new regular reporting solution
• Help deliver on the test runs of IFRS17 reporting organized within NN Group,
• Analyse the results of the new reporting output, in cooperation with other experts help interpret it and spread the understanding of those results in the broader team
What will my team look like?
Manager of Accounting and Statutory reporting who leads a team of some 20 people will be your direct manager. However, effectively you will be part of the project team, where also experts from controlling team, accountants, finance and IT systems experts cooperate with the objective of delivering various financial information in a timely and correct manner. The team of employees is further strengthened with external consultants. Overall, you will cooperate with a lot of different people on a daily basis.
What can I look forward to?
• Great freedom and home office, which worked very well for us even before the corona virus crisis. Theoretically, you don't have to go to the office at all. It's only up to you when you do your job. The result is what matters.
• In order to have everything you need in the "home office", you will receive a contribution.
• A great feeling of satisfaction when the numbers at the end of the day fit :)
• If you do not feel well, you can take the advantage of 5 sick days.
• You will enjoy 5 weeks of vacation.
• "Buddy" will help you with orientation in the company - your mentor, whom you can turn to with anything. After all, the support and help of the whole team is a matter of course.
• We will also contribute to your culture and sport events or travelling. We have a rich cafeteria and a Multisport card.
• Professional tailor-made training.
What is expected of me?
• Ideally you are educated in economic or similar fields (economics, management, actuarial, mathematics).
• It is an advantage but not a must if you already have several years of experience with financial reporting or accounting in insurance, or other financial institutions and in particular with IFRS standards (especially IFRS 4, IFRS 9, IFRS 17, IAS 39)
• You have a high learning agility, meaning you can easily adapt and absorb new information in a changing environment.
• You draw the best out of yourself as well as those around you. In order to achieve our goals you need a pragmatical and result driven way of working, both as part of a team as well as independently. If you can help someone, you do not think twice about it.
• You have good communication skills. We work with multi-disciplinary teams including actuaries, financial reporting experts, accountants, and IT specialists. We are looking for a new colleague who can build bridges between all these different teams and areas of expertise.
• Your level of English language is advanced in both written and spoken form. Czech language skills will be helpful to you but is not a must.
Okay, I'm in
The interview with us is not like sitting in front of the graduation committee, but a pleasant conversation, where we will explain everything you wish to know and we will be happy to learn more about you.
Let us know you are interested. Feel free to call. We look forward to meeting you.